You are thinking that the public administration could do better?
You see the technological potential grossly neglected?
You have ideas how technology can contribute to deliver improved services for the benefit of all, to make countries more green, cities smarter, and people more happy?
We are interested …
You know about data modeling, have been working with XML, understand the concepts behind Big Data, the Semantic Web and public cryptography, and have written at least some tiny computer programs? Additionally you are a communicative team player and you would like to convince others about your ideas?
We should definitely talk!
The Department for E-Governance and Administration at Danube University Krems / Austria (EU) is looking for an enthusiastic new colleague to improve public governance through the widespread application of technology.
We are the leading Austrian research institution for public governance with long-lasting collaborations with the Ministry of Finance, the Austrian Chancellery, City of Vienna or the Federal Computing Centre.
- Graduate in Computer Science, business informatics or any other study with a clear and demonstrable focus on ICT
- Master’s level or higher
- You must bring deep interest to perform research on the intersection between public administration, political sciences, economy and the civil society.
- You have a deep understanding of administrative processes, data-driven decision support, electronic government, e-Participation
- You identify problems on your own and provide solutions to them
- You enjoy working with collaborative technologies, also remote
- Excellent English, written and spoken
Would be nice:
- At least limited understanding of German
- You have been working in a scientific environment and you are accustomed with writing research proposals
- You have been part of an international research project
You will get:
- Regular, project-based employee contract, limited to 30.9.2019 but with the clear intention for extension.
- Full coverage of social security and pension fund
- Social amenities on the Campus Krems with a highly international and welcoming atmosphere
- Excellent business contacts to high-ranked public sector officials as well as international research networks
- A beautiful work place within the UNESCO world heritage region of the Wachau. See some of us hiking right behind your future workplace:
Interested? Please file you application including motivational letter and CV to email@example.com. Please note that there is a yet to be defined deadline for application we will publish here shortly.