This year, the Summer School 2016 at the Faculty of Economics and Globalization will be held for the 5th time. From 24th to 26th August 2016 we provide a wide-ranging program in the areas of management and communication. Further workshops deal with the questions of new forms of work, as well as using life science and cognitive neuroscience to analyze economic and managerial issues. The evening program allows many opportunities for networking and exchange of ideas!
The Summer School 2016 is pleased to offer a new format of a workshop, which will be held in English: Competitiveness by Prof. Dr. Pablo Collazzo
The course addresses the determinants of competitiveness at the interplay of policymaking and the strategic choices of firms that strive to make location a source of competitive advantage.
It is concerned not only with government policy but also with the roles that firms, industry associations, universities, and other institutions play in competitiveness. In modern international competition, each of these institutions has an important role in economic development, a role that is shifting. Moreover, the process of creating and sustaining an economic strategy for a nation or region is a daunting challenge.
Goals and learnings of the workshop:
- To understand the fundamentals and variables that shape competitiveness
- To identify the relevant levels of competitiveness and the interrelationship between them
- To ascertain the characteristics of the business environment in order to enhance productivity, efficiency and social achievements
- To decide on the location of greatest potential in the process of internationalization
- To define strategies to improve the competitiveness of firms and their location
- To establish the role of partnerships
- To learn, through the use of case studies, of competitive successes/failures that take place in different real situations
Further Information on workshops and registration:
Summer School 2016