The CeDEM14 was held May 21 to May 23 2014 at the Danube University Krems. We blogged live from the conference and collected nearly all the presentations, reports, and other web media in this post. Please share this with friends and colleagues (and if you notice that your presentation is missing – do send it to us so that we can include it here!)
So What happened at CeDEM14?
Othmar Karas, MEP sent the CeDEM14 participants his greetings: videomessage!
CeDEM14 in numbers
CeDEM14 Best Paper Award
The following papers were nominated for the CeDEM14 Best Paper Award:
- Alois Paulin: „Through Liquid Democracy to Sustainable Non-Bureaucratic Government“
- Damien Mac Namara, J Paul Gibson and Ken Oakley: „Just Like Paper – a Baseline for Classifying E-Voting Usability“
- Maximilian Heimstädt, Fredric Saunderson and Tom Heath: Conceptualzing Open Data Ecosystems: A Timeline Analysis of Open Data Development in the UK
- Micha Germann, Flurin Conradin, Christoph Wellig and Uwe Serdült: „Five Years of Internet Voting for Swiss Expatriates“
- Raimondo Iemma, Michele Osella and Federico Morando: „Breaking Public Administrations‘ Data silos: The Case of Open-DAI and a comparison between open data platforms –
We were pleased to have Alexander Gerber, Philipp Müller, Jeanne Holme and Mohamed El-Sioufi with us! Interested in the summaries of their presentations? Find them here: „CeDEM14 Keynotes“.
A total of 6 workshops were held during the conference. Find the summaries here: „CeDEM14 Workshops“
The CeDEM14 included 7 sessions on a broad range of topics such as e-democracy, a-participation, Open Data, social and mobile media, design, technology and information visualization. 33 presentations allowed the participants to present their research results, ideas, projects, etc. Read the summaries and the presentations here: „CeDEM14 sessions“.
One of the sessions was the energetic Reflections session. Presenters have 5 minutes to present their work, and the nearly 20 presentations generate interesting discussions. We have collected the presentations here: „CeDEM14 Reflections“.
CeDEM14 allowed participants to watch the film „Blueberry Soup” and engage in a Skype discussion with the filmmaker Eileen Jerrett, as well as participate in the Open Space, an opportunity for participants to organise their own presentations, sessions, events, workshops, birds of a feather, networking, etc.
CeDEM14 on the the Austrian Radio Channel Ö1 (mix English&German)
Peter Parycek (Head of the Centre for E-Governance) und Johnstone Baguma (Toro Development Network, Uganda) discuss E-Government, E-Voting and E-participation in Africa.
- CeDEM14: Conference Website
- Statistics about CeDEM14
- Fotos on Flickr
- CeDEM on Facebook
- OA Online Proceedings
Join Us Again in Hong Kong or in 2015!
Contributors to the CeDEM14 Summary & Overview: Bettina Rinnerbauer, Johann Höchtl, Noella Edelmann, Michael Sachs, Ralph Schöllhammer.